What a God we have to worship. What a Son we have to praise and what a wonderful future lies before us. Wow! What a year 2017 has been. We all have stories to tell both happy and sad ones as well as victorious ones and even moments of defeat. Here we are, alive, well, and in another brand new year. That is grace and it is a privilege to be a recipient of such a great blessing.
When God speaks, the wise listens. God has spoken through many of His anointed ones that this year is one of Turn Around. A season to rise and shine for our light has come and the glory of the Lord rises upon us (Isaiah 60: 1.) Brethren, it is a new dawn and a new beginning. God has tagged this year as one that is Supernatural (Pastor Chris Oyakhilome) and Majestic (Bro. Joshua Iginla), imagine the kind of transformation that awaits you and I.
Just like in the time of old, we need to play our role and let God do His part. To receive His promises, we must continue to walk in Faith and obedience to His word. Here is a summary of Pastor. Oluwayomi‘s message about what God’s message to us in this new year;
A NEW LIFE
REFERENCE TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3 VERSE 2
Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
In our new life, we must make up our minds to do things differently and live differently; evangelize more, spend more time with God and forgive as well as let go completely.
Life is a battlefield; a warfare – be prepared for it (Read Ephesians 6: 10 -12.)
- Turn a new life; be a better Christian. Ephesians 4:26
“In your anger do not sin”[a]: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,”
Be controlled by the Spirit of God
Run away from anger – no carryover of malice, grudges, hate, bitterness etc.
- Manage your new life in Jesus Christ. Joshua 1:8, John 16:13-14, Galatians 5:19 – 23, Psalm 42:2 and Psalm 119: 105.
- Do not grieve the Holy Spirit. If we refuse to succumb or follow the dictate of the Holy Spirit or do not yield to the Holy Spirit’s leading and guidance, we are grieving Him.
POWER TO GET TO THE TOP
Acts 6:1 -7, Deuteronomy 28:13,
Our time has come to rise and shine.
- JOSEPH was faithful to God and had good discipline (Genesis 39) and God rewarded him (Genesis 41: 37 – 46). His only problem was that he talked too much as he couldn’t stop sharing his dreams with everyone but despite the challenges he encountered, he remained steadfast and was gifted in the area of dreams.
- JOSEPH the earthly father of our Lord Jesus Christ also was given dreams him to do about Mary and the unborn son of God (Matthew 1: 18 – 21; Matthew 2:13-15.)
- To get to the top, you must be full of God’s Spirit, have good reputation and be full of wisdom (Acts 6; 3 -4.)
- Where you have been rejected, you will be restored in Jesus’ name.
- In our new life, we need to have faith. Challenges will come but like the seven men in Acts 6:5 you will overcome
- Speak life to yourself.
- Stand in the prophetic message of the year so that you can possess all of God’s promises for your life.
In our journey of life and walk with God, we become steadfast and unshakable when we surrender entirely to God our life not just a part of it but everything. Become Best Friends with God this year by sharing every experience with Him and trust in Him for your every need.
Let us try and look unto Jesus for everything and refuse to surrender to self – pity, anger, unforgiveness and bitterness…in fact, lt us change any negative way we use to do things and let God lead us into manifesting His divine , good, pleasing and perfect Will for our lives and our very existence.
I pray that this blesses your heart and transform you for God’s glory. You are much loved. Giving up is not a choice because you are sons and daughters of a Mighty King and His name is JESUS CHRIST.