When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
This song is one of the most underrated song (at least practically speaking) in Christian history. Why do I say this? Yes, we sing it in our churches, Christian gathering and homes with passion, but how many of us fully understand the treasures hidden in this song? How many of us practice or even understand what it is asking us to do? It hit me yesterday and really hard especially the chorus and I suddenly felt dumb for tormenting myself over life’s problems. Let us take a look at it;
- Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
The Major KEY to true and lasting JOY and PEACE in this world of despair is not just professing to know God and accept that He truly exists; it does not come from observing religious rituals and expectations, rather it is in
- TRUSTING GOD UNCONDITIONALLY
Proverbs 3:5-6 (NIV) says,
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
Trusting God unconditionally means complete belief that;
- God has your back (Matthew 28:20)
- He has your best interest at heart (Jeremiah 29:11)
- He will not lead you astray (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- He will keep His Word (Isaiah 55:11)
- He will fight for you (Exodus 14:14)
- He is aware of your circumstances and situation that seem senseless (Isaiah 43:2)
- He will go before you and stand behind you (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- His promises will not fall on the wayside (Joshua 21:45, 2 Corinthians 1:20) and most importantly
- He really truly loves you with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3, Romans 8:38-39)
Trust is equivalent to SECURITY. In a world that many are backstabbing each other (Psalm 12:1-2); where things are falling apart, we need to know and stand firm on the promise that TRUE SECURITY is found only in JESUS CHRIST.
Many of us today would not be languishing in the prison of unforgiveness if we trust that God will fight for us (Isaiah 35:4);
We won’t be enslaved in depression if we trust that our case is settled;
We would come out of the luxurious party of self-pity, worry and anxiety;
We would stand on our feet and rejoice because we know for a fact that God is greater than any circumstance in our lives;
We would continue to walk with God knowing that seeking His kingdom and Righteousness is far valuable and greater than our enemies and their cohorts!
We would spend more time NOT on the cloud of despair, fantasy or unrealistic expectations from others (and even God at times) but our eyes will be fixed back on Him who endured the cross for a future prepared for you and I – Trusting God is lovely and peaceful and you will get to this state of reality when you choose to trust even when all senses contradicts it. Remember that,